To get in good MMA shape, you’re going to need to hydrate. You’re going to have to up your water intake and only drink water. Maybe coffee if you need it, but absolutely no sodas if you are serious about getting in MMA shape.
Most people are under-hydrated and it has negative physical effects on them. A serious MMA practitioner can go through 1-3 gallons(3.5-7 Litres) a day. When you meet your hydration needs, you are able to work out at an optimal level.
There are two general rules you can follow for hydration. Drink enough water until your urine is clear or the 8x8 rule, but there’s no science behind either. Consult a physician to know for sure what your hydration needs are and try to hit that number every day.
I know! Training MMA to get in MMA shape. What a novel concept.
MMA training can help you get in the best physical shape of your life. If you’re a hobbyist that just enjoys training, then you probably don’t need to do any other type of training. Just doing MMA training alone can get you in the best physical shape in your life.
Training MMA is one of the most diverse workouts you can participate in. MMA workouts deliver a mix of physical and cardiovascular that leaves you drenched in sweat while learning new skills. There’s nothing in the world quite like an MMA workout.
You can also make infinite strength and conditioning workouts based on your MMA training. Something like mixing hitting bags with weights and cardio activities will push your physical limits. You’re always able to mix up your training and never get bored.
Here’s a quick recap of the best ways to get in MMA shape.
● Running/Sprinting: It has always been a go-to for fighters to get in shape because it works. It builds up your cardio and will help your MMA game.
● Swimming: Another way of helping you get in shape for MMA with little to no impact on your joints. Your cardio and physical strength will improve while benefiting your MMA training.
● Strength Training: Implementing a strength training program will add more power to your striking and stronger on the ground. Think of implementing something such as a program with kettlebells or resistance bands to get stronger for MMA.
● Flexibility Training: You need flexibility for MMA to remember to stretch every day to avoid injury and improve overall health.
● Diet: Avoid eating garbage and eating natural foods to meet your nutritional needs. You’ll notice a difference in your training.
● Hydration: You got to hydrate properly if you want to get in the best shape. Drink plenty of water and feel better.
● MMA Train: Of course, train MMA to get in the best shape for MMA. It’s a great activity to get in your best physical shape.
Follow these recommendations and you will definitely see vast improvements to your overall health.